Canton FFA’s New Officer Team

On April 14th, Canton FFA welcomed their new chapter officers and gave out Discovery awards to all of its members. 

This year the Canton FFA officer team consists of nine students. This year’s president is Amanda Schoonmaker and her vice president is Luke Foster. Blair Dowell is secretary, treasurer is Nicholas Sullins, reporter is Marci Kopf, sentinel is Jarrett Sinclair, parliamentarian is Adri Denton, historian is Emma Hoffman, and chaplain is Brandon Day. 

“I like being involved with FFA, and I can be a good role model for the younger members,” Blair Dowell, chapter officer, said. 

All officers were interviewed by two Ag teachers from different schools and a teacher from Canton High School. Then all students that participate in FFA were given a sheet to vote for who they wanted  as the chapter officers. This year there was a three way tie for one of the offices and it was broken using the interviews the students had participated in a week prior. 

“I think the officer interviews are important for the kids to do because it’s training them for the future and job interviews with making resumes and applications, and it’s a leadership skill kids need to know,” Mr. Mitchell, Ag teacher, said.