Installations Have Begun

As we get further into the year, more installations come to pass. As installations continue to flood us the first events for clubs start. FCCLA is family, career, and community leaders of America. Not only is this what the abbreviation actually means, but it’s what they teach their members to do. More FCCLA events are coming our way, and the first event is obviously the installation. 

Younger members try to find themselves in what they do, and for the new members of FCCLA they are trying to find themselves there. While being a part of FCCLA  the members will learn not only how to cook and how to sew things, but they also learn how to take care of themselves and robot babies. 

Members/students have had their fair share of parenting, well fake parenting. Students take home a robot baby that tracks how the “parent” takes care of their child. There are different difficulties with these babies just as there are with real life babies. However when taking care of these babies the students learn how to take care of children and how to take responsibility for their actions and how they take care of the babies. 

Every year students decide to join FCCLA from the variety of school clubs/activities. These students who decide to join FCCLA have made a decision to help others and participate in activities and contests that stretch their limits, not necessarily their physical limits but their creative limits. FCCLA helps students show their creativity through cooking, sewing, and many other projects they learn. 

Could cooking be a passage to happiness? For some people the answer to this question is “yes”.  For members of FCCLA it is a passage to not only happiness but to express themselves freely without judgment. Hundreds of members all over the state come together and express themselves through their competitions. Many participants from all over the state bake, cook, sew, and create different kinds of magic and happiness. They might cook something so delicious that it makes the judge smile, or they sew something that brings back magical memories. 

Like other clubs/activities the goal FCCLA is all about is bringing people together through something they enjoy. FCCLA brings people together by cooking, sewing, and helping/volunteering. Not only are the students learning more about the problems of the world, but they are learning how to solve them and help others. With learning this at a younger age it helps the students become problem solvers in their lives, whether it’s at work or at home. 

As the initiation occurred the night of October 4, 2022 FCCLA gained valuable members. These members have accepted the responsibility of not only their actions but their creativity. Members know that when they express their ideas and their creativity they must be aware of consequences that come with every decision they will make. This is a chapter in their life that the members have just started and they are ready to face whatever comes their way, and they have a new family to help them through it.