The Claw

Ballin’ Baldwin

Coach+Baldwin
Back to Article
Back to Article

Ballin’ Baldwin

Coach Baldwin

Coach Baldwin

Hayleigh Noble

Coach Baldwin

Hayleigh Noble

Hayleigh Noble

Coach Baldwin

Hayleigh Noble, Reporter

Coach David Baldwin won the Iron Nation Harley Davidson award for the most outstanding girls basketball coach in northwest Oklahoma. Voting closed on January 17. Coach Baldwin had 18,303 votes, which is over forty percent of all votes. He will be featured in an upcoming issue of Vype.

As a tribute to the Canton coach, The Claw staff is rerunning his profile from last year.

This will be Coach David Baldwin’s first year here at Canton High School. He coaches girls’ jr high and high school basketball, and also some elementary classes.

He took a job at Canton after being the assistant boys’ coach at Fairview. Coach Baldwin has coached at four different schools. He has never been the head coach of a girls team before. He wanted to be a coach at Canton because he enjoyed coaching, and it was a good opportunity. 

Coach Baldwin has a Bachelor’s of Physical Education, Recreation, Science Endorsement.  Baldwin says that his high school basketball career was good because he had averaged 24 points a game his senior year. He was all area and all-conference MVP.

Coach Baldwin did play basketball at Carl Albert Junior College.

Baldwin likes to golf and also enjoys talking to his wife in his spare time. He wanted to be a coach because he likes working with kids.

Coach Baldwin tries to help kids improve their basketball skills, and also their discipline. He decided to be a girls coach, because he a was an assistant coach, and coached boys all of his life. He wanted to coach girls.

Coach’s most memorable basketball moment was his last game in his high school career. One of his life lessons he has learned from coaching is to treat people with respect.

Coach Baldwin’s dream car is a Corvette. The sport other than basketball that he likes is football.

He said he was six years old when FDR was president and said he did not know if he was a good president, but history said he was.

The quote that Coach says best describes him is, “ I never met a man I didn’t like” by Will Rogers.

If Baldwin had to listen to one song for the rest of his life he would listen to “ I can only Imagine ” by MercyMe.

About the Contributor
Hayleigh Noble, Reporter

Hayleigh Noble is a sophomore on the 2018-2019 newspaper staff. The most exciting part for her is getting to help out and being in the class. One thing...

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Ballin’ Baldwin”

1. Alyssa Rutz on October 13th, 2017 11:10 am

Basketball is fun

2. Madison Rauh on October 13th, 2017 11:11 am

He’s a really good coach.

3. Marcella Rhodes on October 13th, 2017 2:53 pm

I think he is a good coach and he is really fun

4. Edward Jinkens on January 24th, 2019 10:32 pm

I have known Coach Baldwin for several years now, I consider him a true friend. He is one of the most pleasant people I’ve ever been around, I’ve never heard him say a harse word about anybody. I met him several years ago and got to play golf with him several times, a joy to be around. He deserved the award and shows by all the votes he got. Glad you are at Canton Coach Baldwin.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

How to Survive Valentine’s Day While Single

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Stress of Third Nine Weeks Can Be Managed

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Let’s Go Thrift Shopping

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Top 8 Weird Objects Teachers Have In Their Rooms

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

How to Avoid Getting Homework

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Christmas Lights Everywhere

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Top Ten Holiday Movies

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Students Consider Their Grades

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

Pink Out

• Ballin’ Baldwin

In Depth

How to Build a Bridge

The Student News Site of Canton Public Schools
Ballin’ Baldwin