Catchin’ Some ZZZ’s

Should high school students be able to take naps during school?

Imagine sitting in class listening to your teacher talks about World War II. Boring, right? Most students will get so bored with history, math, basically all the subjects in school, they end up falling asleep in class. We need a solution to help them stay awake. What about a nap during school?

Being able to take a thirty-minute nap during school will make students less stressed. Most students struggle to stay awake in class as it is. If they were able to rest for a little bit, they might do better on their work. Being rested will help the students stay focused in class.

Teenagers have a busy schedule. They are usually up late practicing sports, working on after-school projects, going to school-related events, and doing homework.  Most students do not get the needed amount of sleep. They wake up and are already too tired to work.

The school should create a new elective class that is for resting. If there were a class for naps, there would need to be soothing music playing, nap mats to lay on, and blankets to cover up with.

When asked if high school students should be able to take a nap during school, Devin Blood replied, “Yes, because I do not get enough sleep at night and I am always tired in class.”