Senior Night

Thursday’s Senior Night football game was saying farewell to this year’s football players, cross-country runner, and cheerleaders.

Football players, Tony Campos and Eli Nix were the only two seniors on this year’s team. Tony has played football all four years of his high school career. Eli has only played two years of football, his freshman and senior year.

Cheerleaders, Destiny Martin, Kyla Littleton, and Callie Boettler cheered their last game on their home field but will continue cheering during basketball season. Both Kyla and Callie have cheered for football and basketball all four years of high school. Destiny only cheered her sophomore, junior, and senior year.

Cross-country runner, LayShayla Green has run cross-country all four years of high school. LayShayla made it to state her freshman, sophomore, and senior year, with her senior year being her only individual meet.

“It was an eye-opener to how fast this year is going by. I’m going to miss playing with the team, and after last night, I realized that this was probably the last time I will ever get to put pads on,” said Eli Nix.

“It was the most emotional game of the season. I’m going to miss being apart of the team. My favorite part of football season is that we gave it our all every game,” said Tony Campos.