2018-2019 STUCO Officers

The Canton Student Council is electing new officers on Friday, March 16.

Roxey Linder is running for president.

“I plan to talk to Mr. McPhail about getting two days for off-campus lunch, instead of just one,” Roxey Linder, junior, said. Roxey was also the only student eligible to run for president. The STUCO constitution requires that presidential candidates were officers the year before.

Jenny Delgado is running for vice president.

”I plan to get Mr. McPhail to let us use our cell phones during lunch and break time. I also plan to help Roxey lead,” Jenny Delgado, junior, said.

Beau Fuqua is running for secretary.

‘I plan to do everything and anything that is required and everything and anything that is not required,” Beau Fuqua, freshman, said.

Brianna Ross and Caden Koehn are both running for treasurer.

“I want to try to help raise enough money to buy stuff that STUCO needs,” Brianna Ross, freshman, said.

“My plan is to help with whatever I need to and to have fun while doing it,” Caden Koehn, freshman, said.

Seth Bromlow, Kalissa Wile, and Payton Lee are all three running for reporter.

“I plan to do anything that is asked of me to do,” Seth Bromlow, freshman, said.

“I plan to be open to working on imposing any ideas that will help better our school. I want to help improve school events such as; Orange Peel, dances and more,” Kalissa Wile, sophomore said.

“I plan to help students not to be scared to be themselves,” Payton Lee, freshman, said.

The 2018-2019 officers will be announced on Friday after the election. The election will take place in the high school gym at one o’clock.