Freshman Media Starts A Podcast Series

Freshman Media started a podcast called, Dumbing it Down. Students split into pairs and came up with podcast ideas. They have made 3 podcasts over Dumbing it Down.

“We were thinking of reasons to do a podcast. Dumbing it Down came up to help students understand a little more,” Braxton Thompson, freshman,  said.

There have been four Dumbing it Down podcasts. The first podcast was the anti-vax controversy. The second podcast was about the college entrance scandal. The third one was about state testing.

“We thought it would be easier for people who did not understand the topic. When we first got the podcast set up Mrs. Barney had us come up with ideas. Dumbing it Down came up to help students who did not understand the news because it was confusing to some,” Hanna Sullians, freshman, said.

“Anti-Vax Controversy,” was created by Braxton Thompson and Hanna Sullins. This podcast dealt with the trend of parents not vaccinating their children because of health concerns.

“I was not in on the idea of Dumbing it Down, but I help them do the podcasts and come up with new ideas for another podcast.” Salomon Vargas, freshman, said.

“College Entrance Scandal,” was created by Alyssa Rutz and Erica Muldrup. This podcast explained the recent scandal involving celebrities who essentially bought off college in order to get their kids admitted.

“I threw up the idea up of college entrance scandal. Erica and I were the ones that did the podcast it was the third podcast over Dumbing it down,” Alyssa Rutz, freshman, said.

“State Testing” was a podcast that Charlie Evans and Kylie Nix did because it is testing season. Many of the students do not understand the purpose of state tests, and the intent of the podcast is to explain this. 

“State testing was coming up so Charlie and I decided to do a podcast over state testing and who all had to take them,” Kylie Nix, freshman, said.