Among Us Takes Over Students’ Phones

Sophomore Luke Foster and junior Hanna Sullins try their luck playing Among Us.

What color do you choose when playing Among Us?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Among Us
is a great game to play, and allows students to have fun while social distancing. In the game, people are either crewmates or imposters. The crewmates go around on a spaceship and complete tasks, while the imposters try to kill everyone without being caught. If the crewmates complete all the tasks they win. Players can call an emergency meeting, if they find a dead body or if they see an imposter. Imposters can go into vents and move around in those and they can also sabotage the ship, like turning off the light and making machinery malfunction.    

After every time an emergency meeting is called, the players can chat about who they think it is, and then they will vote someone off or they can skip the vote. When players get voted off, they get kicked out of the spaceship. Once killed or voted off, the players will come back as ghosts. Ghosts can still complete their given task. If they complete all the tasks, they win. 

The game has three maps, The Skeld, Mirahq, and Polus. Students can create private or public games. They get to choose the map, how many tasks there are, and how many imposters there are. If the game is private, then the host can give the code to their friends, and they can put in the code and find the game. 

“I like the game because I get to be an imposter and I like tricking people.” Alexa Delgado, freshman, said.

The game is very easy to learn and play. Students can adjust how they move around. Players get to choose their name, color and they can put accessories on. They can also buy pets for $2.99.