COVID Vaccine Yea or Nay?

Many high schoolers couldn’t care less about the COVID vaccines, but others are very opinionated.  Personally, I am all for vaccines, because it doesn’t hurt me. I was vaccinated to help protect the people who are at high risk, not for me, because I already know the effect COVID-19 has on me.

I remember being in the locker room and someone mentioned getting vaccinated and another girl replied, “Stay away from me. I don’t want to get your disease or turn into a zombie.” This was the first time I have seen firsthand the backlash directed toward people for getting vaccinated.

Many students who haven’t been vaccinated and even ones who have been had many concerns, for instance, getting sick or even dying. All of these concerns are valid in my opinion because this vaccine is still pretty new.

“I think it’s dumb. I didn’t want to take it, but I had to, and I think it’s going to kill me in a few years,” Alexus Meat, freshman, said.

Some students, on the other hand, are very passionate about the vaccine, and they want everyone to get vaccinated. They feel as if it would be the smartest thing to do and it is better for everyone in general.

“I think you should take it because then you won’t get covid and die like a coward,” Aaliyah Hough, Freshman, said.

All of our students have varying opinions, and there is no sign of that changing in the near future.