Fall Break Frenzie

Canton’s first official break of the year is finally upon us. Although there are hundreds of school days left, students look forward to the breaks. Fall break is the first in the year, which makes it easier for students to remember. For many students they are going to be hunting or fishing. However some students are doing other things,such as going to Fright Fest, traveling, and spending time with their loved ones. 

“We are going to Fright Fest at Frontier for my birthday,” Alexa Delgado and Kylie Carrasco, juniors, said.

Many people know of Fright Fest and have been before, but on the other hand there are many people who have never gone. As someone who hasn’t gone, hearing about it makes me want to go. Fright Fest is practically a haunted house all over Frontier City. For those who don’t know what Frontier City is, it’s an amusement park in Oklahoma City(OKC).

“I believe my family and I are going to Texas to spend time with each other,” Hannah Hoffman, eighth grader, said. 

Like the Hawk family, many people go on trips for some family time. Some may be going to spend time with their immediate family while others go to spend time with extended family. Whether or not they spend fall break with immediate or extended family it will help their relationship grow. 

“I have to work a lot and go to Fright Fest,” Lea Vowell, senior, said

For the people who don’t have as much fun over the breaks and are stuck at work, those particularly might not look forward to breaks like the rest of the student body do. Although having money for gas and to spend on yourself is fun and helpful, is working for it entirely fun? No, working during breaks can be tiring. 

“Fall break is an amazing opportunity for me to go hunting and fishing,” David Evans, freshman, said.

Something everyone could assume students will be doing over fall break is hunting. Students who are hunting are hoping and praying they get something worth their wait. Now hunting is not the easiest thing to do due to the fact that the hunters have to wait for what feels like forever. It may take hours, or days before they see what they’ve been looking for. 

“Hopefully over fall break I am working on getting my driver’s license, but other than that staying home and hanging out with my family,” Giselle Sleeper, senior, said.

On the contrary there are people staying in the comfort of their own home. Due to the hundreds of restrictions that vary in what state a person is in, some people would rather stay home than risk it. Now for those who are staying home that doesn’t mean they stay in the house, it could mean all they do is stay in Canton. Whether they go and hang out at someone else’s house or they go to the park or something like that.