The Claw

• September 14Canton wins first home game since 2015.

Canton Tigers Victorious Against Leedey JV

Ethan Foster, Reporter

On January 11, the Canton Tigers Junior High boys team played their second game in the Dewey County Tournament against the Leedey Bison JV team. The Tigers played at home, and the Bison play as the visitor.

The Tigers were assisted by three freshmen: Brooks Martin, Cody Conrady, and Ethan Foster.

At the beginning of the game, Cody Conrady was able to make the jump. The Tigers were then able to make a few points in the first quarter. On defense, the Tigers were able to steal the ball a few times but would miss the layups.

During the second quarter, The Tigers started off on defense and were able to make Leedey turnover the ball. The Tigers were then able to rack up a few more points by Cody Conrady getting fouled. Johnie Burton was able to make a few points.

At the beginning of the second half, the Tigers were unable to start with Leedey bringing the ball down the court. The Tigers, however, could not stop Leedey from scoring a three-pointer. Cody Conrady answered with a two-pointer.

During the final quarter, the Tigers were unable to prevent Leedey from scoring, and the Tigers second team subbed in for the first team. The second team was unable to prevent Leedey from scoring, but Will McIntosh was able to make a few points.

The final score of the game was Canton Tigers 26 and Leedey Bison JV 18. The Tigers next game is on January 13.

About the Writer
Ethan Foster, Reporter
Ethan Foster is a sophomore on the Canton 2018-2019 newspaper and yearbook staff, Foster’s motives are to get better at writing better sports stories. Foster hopes to gain better skills in taking pictures.