Eighth-graders Visit Northwest Technology Center

Monday, February 14, Canton High School’s eighth-graders visited Northwest Technology Center in Fairview. This field trip is something Canton Schools participates in yearly.

The Northwest Technology Center in Fairview is one of two campuses and is a tuition-free educational program offered to students residing in a dictated district. Adults can also attend the Technology Center with an in-district tuition rate. By attending the program, students can gain credits towards graduation and certifications/licensure in numerous occupations.

The eighth-grade students who went were given a tour of the campus along with a preview of the various courses offered. Students were able to participate in many hands-on and engaging activities relating to the various courses. 

“My favorite part was science because I got to, like, cut open a heart,” Meghan Meat, eighth-grader, said.

Once students at Canton High School enter their junior year, they have the opportunity to attend the program. The eighth-grade students who get to participate in the tour already get an idea as to what they want to pursue if they choose to attend the program.

“Yes, I would go again. I think I would study something in math because I suck at it.” Kobe Littlethunder, eighth-grader, said.