History Day Districts are just around the Corner

Students working on History Day don’t have much longer to finish their projects. Districts are April 6th at SWOSU and all websites and bibliographies have to be submitted by March 30th. Students working on exhibits can still work on their projects until April 5th.

While other students were having fun during spring break, History Day students woke up early to come to the school and work on their projects. Mrs Heath, the History day advisor, was at the school from 10:00 until 5:30 most of the week. 

“This time of year, History Day completely floods my brain. No matter what I’m supposed to be doing, my brain is contemplating what needs to be done to help one of my students finish their project. It’s crazy and I love it,” Mrs. Heath, History Day advisor,  said. 

Students have also been staying after school everyday and even coming to school on weekends to try and finish their projects as soon as possible. There are 46 students that are competing this year in National History Day. 

Students who will advance to state will have one month to fix any criticisms from the judges at district and prepare their projects for state which is on May 4th for junior high and May 5th for high school at The History Center in Oklahoma City.   

This year, unlike the past two, students will be able to compete in person for both districts and state. Nationals will still be virtual this year. Students who qualify for nationals will still take a trip to make up for nationals being virtual.

“I’m feeling a little queasy about districts coming up, but I think Addisyn and I  will do well,” Karrington Hawk, freshman, said.