See You At The Pole

Wednesday September 28, 2022 at 7:45 AM community members of Canton came together and prayed with one another. 

Canton is not the only town to do this, there are hundreds of people in America who participate. At exactly 7:45 AM thousands of students and community members across America meet and pray together. Sending thousands of prayers to students, faculty, and staff members.

It’s a time for students around the nation to gather “together” in prayer for their fellow students, schools, etc….” Michael Grigsby, pastor, said.

Due to the fact that schools don’t promote religions or religious practices, this does help to show the strength of the Christian faith. Not only is it a chance to have some donuts but it is also a chance to join brothers and sisters in worship, even though we are millions of miles apart. 

See You at the Pole (SYATP) is not a relatively new concept to the world. It was started in Burleson Tx, 1990. Even though it was new to the students, they decided to gather their fellow believers and pray around the flagpole in hopes that their prayers for the staff, and their fellow students would bring great times to those in need. 

Absolutely! It’s a great way for students to see that they are not alone in their faith,” Grigsby said. 

Few people get here early enough to make it. However, those who are here earlier and organizers want to see everyone there. Even though it was started by students, not many show up. As someone who has been to SYATP there are not many students there anymore. It’s mostly adults. Although it is great to have adults there, the goal is for students to come and support each other, and pray for one another. 

Not only does SYATP encourage students to step out in their faith but it also encourages adults to step out in their faith as well. The major goal of SYATP is for the adults to become role models for younger students and other staff members to take a leap of faith and stand out. We set examples for younger people to follow by doing this. It shows them that it is okay to believe what you want to. 

“Our hope is that SYATP will encourage students and educators in their faith.It is very encouraging to see students standing up for their faith in prayer.” Grigsby said.