Win Win Week is Coming

Win Win week is coming up for Canton High School, and there is a lot in store for this year. Win Win week is an opportunity for high school students to raise money and declare victory over cancer. The students will be raising money for cancer research with fundraisers of their classes choice.

The seventh grade will be doing penny wars, the eighth graders are doing a 50/50 raffle, ninth graders are making caramel apples, the tenth grade is making popcorn balls, eleventh graders are selling T-shirts, and the twelfth graders are passing buckets around the stands and selling light up bracelets.

Schools in Oklahoma also compete for a state championship trophy awarded by OSSAA for the most successful program, based on school size.

Funds raised support the Stephenson Cancer Center at The University of Oklahoma, the state’s only academic cancer center. The experts at the Stephenson Cancer Center are exploring new treatments and breakthroughs with advanced research and clinical trials. The center annually ranks among the top five cancer centers in the nation for patients participating in National Cancer Institute-sponsored clinical trials, and it is one of 30 designated lead center nationally in the NCI’s National Clinical Trials Network.