The “Not” Blizzard Affects Tournament Brackets

The+student+section+proved+to+be+a+game+changer+during+the+tournament.+Students+were+excused+from+class+to+cheer+on+the+Tigers+during+the+day+games.+

Brianna Ross

The student section proved to be a game changer during the tournament. Students were excused from class to cheer on the Tigers during the day games.

The Gayle Hajny Invitational Tournament had a switch up this past week because the weathermen predicted a blizzard for December 6th. December 3, 4, 6, and 7 were supposed to be the days of the tournament, instead, the games that were supposed to be on Friday were played on Thursday.
Thursday there were basketball games all day. The championship games were all day Monday.

These games affected some of the tournament food concessions.

“We could not open until 3 o’clock, so we missed out on the early games.” Mr.Mitchell, Ag teacher, said. The FFA served cheese fries, pulled pork, hamburger, and chicken strips. There were some leftovers. Some of the kids who are in FFA ate the leftovers after the tournament was finished.

The tournament also switched up some of the teachers’ schedules.

“Since I kept books and helped with the concession stand, it made me unable to be in my classroom, but many students were helping with concession stand anyways.” Mrs.Dowell, science teacher, said.

The tournament games being all day instead of in the evening also changed the menu of the hospitality room that was set up for coaches and officials.

“It affected us because we had to add the breakfast and brunch, which caused us to buy extra groceries and we rearranged our menus,” Mrs.Haub, FACS teacher, said.