Hallway Showcases Student Work

Hallway Showcases Student Work

The Canton Art Club added a bit of spirit by painting a mural in the hall of the Canton High School. The mural depicts a fierce tiger peering over the floor of the hallway, reminding students to be proud of being a Canton Tiger.

Once it was started, the mural took around a week and a half to finish. The students painted during class and after school to get it done in a timely manner. It was hard work, but they got it finished, and they did it well.

“The quality of craftsmanship the students showed and their excitement to work on it made me the most proud of this tiger,” Patti Morgan, art teacher, said.

The tiger mural is only the beginning of many. Mrs. Morgan plans on brightening the hallways and making them visually appealing by bringing the artwork out of the classroom for everyone to enjoy.

“Although it is difficult to manage students working in the hallway and having some still in the classroom, I do enjoy the results of this mural. It really adds life to the bland halls.” Mrs. Morgan said.

Some of her ideas include the seal on the Oklahoma flag next to the display cases across from the framed pastel tiger. She would like to make the north hallway look as if it were a pier going out over the lake.