Canton Students Compete At Annual Orange Peel

Which Orange Peel game did you like the best?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

On September 4, Canton High School had its 11th annual Orange Peel for homecoming week. Whichever class wins the most games, STUCO adds points for the classes over all total for the end of the year class trip. The class that places first in each competition, wins 5 points. Second place wins 3 points. Third place wins 1 point. 

The first activity was chalk art and it started right after school and ended at 6:00. The classes that competed against each other were the 7th, 8th, and 9th for the junior high, and the 10th, 11th, and 12th grade for high school . In the junior high division, 7th grade won first, 8th grade won second, and freshman won third. High school division, juniors placed first, seniors placed second, and sophomores placed third.

The first game was the “Obstacle Course Boat Race.” This game was played by a group of 3 people. The students raced from the end zone to the other collecting ping pong balls. In the junior high division, 8th grade placed first, 7th grade placed second, and 9th grade placed third. In the high school division, sophomores placed first, seniors placed second, and juniors placed third.

The second game was the “Line Race and Hula Hoop”. This game was played by the whole class. This game started at the goal line and continued until they got to the 50 yard line. When they got there, they had to pass a hula hoop around their bodies. In the junior high division, freshman placed first, 8th grade placed second, and 7th grade placed third. In the high school division, juniors placed first, seniors placed second, and sophomores placed third.

The third game was the “Water Balloon Cornhole”. This game was played by 4 person team. The teams competed to see how many water balloons they could get through the hole of the cornhole board that was held by a teammate downfield. In the junior high division, 8th grade placed first, freshman placed second, and 7th grade placed third. In the high school division, juniors placed first, seniors placed second, and sophomores placed third. 

The fourth game was the “2 X 4 X 6.” This game was played by 4 people. Each student stood on 2 X 6’s with a rope for each hand. Working in unison, the students had to march downfield. Students tried to make it to the 50 yard line from the goal line. In the junior high division, freshman placed first, 8th grade placed second, and 7th grade placed third. In the high school division, seniors placed first, juniors placed second, and sophomores placed third.

The last game was the “Bat Race Relay.” This game was played by a 5 person team. Each group had to start at the 50 yard line and run to the bat placed at the 20 yard line. At the 20 yard line, students had to place the bat on their head and do 10 full rotations. After spinning, students had to run back to their team at the 50, and then the next student went. In the junior high division, 8th grade placed first, freshman placed second, and 7th grade placed third. In the high school division, sophomores placed first, seniors placed second, and juniors placed third.