CHS Prepares For Win Win Week

Win-Win Week is September 23-26th at Canton Schools.  During Win Win Week Canton students raise money for The Peggy and Charles Stephenson Cancer Center.  Canton students have won the Win-Win Week state trophy two years in a row. Win-Win Week is sponsored by the OSSAA. 

The Peggy and Charles Stephenson Cancer Center is the state’s only academic cancer center.  It is ranked among one of the top three centers in the nation for patient accrual to National Cancer Institute-designated treatment trials. The Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association (OSSAA), awards a trophy for the school that has the most effective cancer awareness fundraising.

This year Canton High School students are cutting their hair for cancer patients. They will take a picture of their hair before they cut it, then take another picture after they cut it, If they do not have enough hair to donate to a hair donation service, they will get it cut to show support.   

The theme for this year’s Pink Out is Cutting for the Cure

Each class at Canton High School will do a fundraiser at the football game on Thursday, September 26th.

The seventh graders will have  a bake sale. Eighth grade will do  a 50-50 raffle. the ninth grade will sell caramel apples.  The tenth grade will have a silent auction and a spirit quilt. The eleventh grade  sold t-shirts, and the twelfth.

Each class will also paint and build pallet art for silent auction at the game. 

“Win-Win Week is one of my favorite weeks of school. It is an opportunity for our students to give back and learn to serve,” Meridith Barney, co-STUCO sponsor, said. 

Canton Student Council will serve smoked pork burgers and potato salad at a tailgate. All proceeds from this dinner will go to the Stephenson Cancer Center. 

Last year Canton students donated $5, 340.