Student Section Stepping it up

This year, the cheerleaders have chosen to give every home game a theme, hoping that it would get more students involved and give our school more spirit. Every pep assembly will also go with the theme. 

“I think when students dress up they are a lot more willing to be silly and act weird and support their teammates,” Mrs Thompson, cheer coach, said.  

Game Days and Their Themes 

September 2nd, the football student section theme is Hawaiian. Students may gear up with thier best Hawaiian gear to help cheer on the Canton Tigers as they face off with the Geary Bison.

September 24th, the football student section theme will be vintage. Students can come in old spirit wear from past tiger teams to help cheer the Canton Tigers when they go face to face the Ringwood Red Devils. 

October 1st, the football student theme is Pink Out. Canton Students are encouraged to wear their best pink attire while the Canton Tigers go head-to-head with the Waurika Eagles.  

October 8, the football student section theme is Disney themed. Students can come dressed as their favoirte Disney character as the Canton Tigers face off with the Seiling Wildcats. 

October 29, the football student section theme is Halloween. Students can come in their Halloween costumes while the Canton Tigers will face off with the Shattuck Indians. 

“I am excited about having themed games, I hope people actually show up and show school spirit,” Paige Robison, junior, said. 

Sudents who come to the game dressed up will get in for free. However, the students must cheer and do something besides sit on their phones. Dress code applies to all theme nights.