Edward Marshall Speaks to Canton Students

Tuesday, November 2, Edward Marshall came to Canton and spoke to pre-k through seniors. The organization he is working for is called Motivational Drop. He wants to motivate and inspire people. Marshall is considered one of the top 5 motivational speakers in Oklahoma.

Marshall had worked 20 years in a behavioral health center before becoming a motivational speaker. While in the behavioral health system, he worked with kids on their behavior.

“ When you get kicked out of school you come to me to get your act straight. The program is set up to make you act out that way you can learn how to control your actions and do better,” Marshall said.

Marshall has trained people to do his job because he knows he was good at what he did. He was inspired to be a speaker as a freshman in high school. He got in a lot of trouble in high school, but one day it changed because of an interaction with a teacher. After that, he knew he needed to change his ways. 

“ I do what I do to inspire and motivate kids to do better. I know when a kid is depressed or has anxiety because I myself have suffered from the same things. My favorite part about this job is moments like this. I love what I do because I help people to do the right things,” Marshall said. 

One of Marshall’s main points is that sometimes people just have to say that they were wrong and apologize. He also emphasized that people need to “talk out” their problems one-on-one.