Making High School Great Again

When students walk into Mr. McPhail’s office, they usually worry about why they got called to his office. Some students are in his office more than his own desk. Now, in Mr. McPhail’s second year, most students have figured out that it is not always all bad.  

Mr. McPhail moved from Jones, where he was the middle school principal, to Canton because he wanted to be a high school principal. He has been a principal at three different schools but in only two different school districts.

Additionally, he wanted his children to go to a smaller school and grow up in a smaller community. He enjoys working at Canton High School because he loves the people and facility at Canton schools. He is a dad of two little girls, the oldest is Adalynn Renee and the youngest is Addyson Jean. The McPhails are also expecting a little boy, Anderson Gene, this fall. He does not have a favorite child and says he loves his children equally. His girls are both in cheer and tumbling, and he likes to see his daughters compete and have a good time.

Mr. McPhail graduated from Crescent High School in 2002. He received his bachelor’s degree from Oklahoma State University in 2006 and Masters from the University of Central Oklahoma in 2010. His actual degree from college was a bachelor of science in secondary education with a minor in American history.

Mr. McPhail loves to spend time with his family, go to the lake, read, and workout in his spare time. His girls love to go to the lake, read books, and wrestle. They also play tee ball and do gymnastics. Of course, like all little girls, they play with Barbies.

If Mr. McPhail had to listen to one song for the rest of his life, he would listen to “Nothing Else Matters” by Metallica. His favorite quote is, “I am just an average guy with exceptional hair.”