The Claw

• March 15Canton has been named the Class A Win Win Week State Champions for the Second Year in a Row

Guidance From a Crow

Back to Article
Back to Article

Guidance From a Crow

Alexis Beckner, Reporter

Most people have never seen The Crow, one of the greatest movies ever made. The movie was released in 1994 and still a widely loved movie in 2018. The movie has many memorable sayings and legends, like the one where they believe crows carry the dead souls to the afterlife. If the soul has unfinished business the crow can bring the soul back to the land of the living to make things right.

The movie starts off with a young girl named Sarah, walking alongside her dying adult friend, Shelly Webster. Shelly and her fiance, Eric Draven, were attacked by gang members on October 30th, one day before their wedding. Eric was shot and thrown out the window while Shelly was brutally beaten and assaulted.

Shelly and Eric died the day before their wedding and were buried side by side in the local cemetery. A large crow flies down after the funeral, and lands on Erics headstone. The crow then pecks the headstone and Eric starts crawling out of the ground, screaming while remembering that he and his fiance were murdered.

Eric then goes back to the apartment where they died, painted his face, put on a black outfit, and vowed to avenge his sweetheart, Shelly. Eric finds the gang members who murdered Shelly and kills them one by one, leaving behind a crow shaped mark wherever he kills. The film ends with the crow bringing Shelly’s wedding ring to Sarah as Eric is reunited with Selly at their graves.

This heart warming movie made audiences everywhere feel for the characters. The emotion that the characters show is realistic and painful, making it one of the greatest movies ever made. The movie is rated four and a half stars out of five for feel and how the characters progressed throughout the film.