Cheating is Rampant in Distance Learning

With+a+larger+numbers+of+students+in+distance+learning%2C+it+is+nearly+impossible+for+teachers+to+keep+an+eye+on+all+of+them.+

With a larger numbers of students in distance learning, it is nearly impossible for teachers to keep an eye on all of them.

Last week, students did distance learning for the first time this school year. With students on Chromebooks and teachers in their classes, the cheating war began. 

The first and most common way of cheating during online school is to put a phone in front of the screen. This one is the best in my opinion because from the teachers’ perspective, it looks like they are looking at their screen. The only flaw I have found with this one is that it covers up part of the screen.

Another way to cheat during online classes is to share a Google doc with a friend, and then copy and paste it onto a separate document. I would recommend this one to students who like living on the edge. This one is very risky because we now have the program Go Guardian where the teachers can see everything students do on a live feed to their computer.

Students can also mute their mics and call their friends. Make sure and mute the mic when doing this one. In Mr. Barney’s class there was an incident where a student had called a friend and asked for the answers all without muting his mic. 

”In 20 years of teaching that is the single most stupid way anyone has ever tried to cheat,” Mr. Barney, English teacher, said.

My personal favorite way of cheating is by sending a picture of the answers to a friend.

I have had a friend send me several pictures of the answers so that I could use it as a cheat sheet.

The last way of cheating in online classes that I have discovered is to tilt the Chromebook to hide an open book. The only flaw I have found is that it may look like students are not paying attention to their screens.